As i wanted to start making kefir again as it is good for digestive problems i contacted the supplier. Happily i have been very pleased with the product which i received. It was exactly as i expected and the instructions which came with it were clear (but must be adhered to ). I made 2 pints of kefir with a single sachet and can use the other two freeze-dried starters at a later date since they will store for months. Meanwhile i shall retain some of the kefir which i have made to start of my next batch. By the way, the packet came rapidly , was well wrapped but able to go through the letter-box. I shall definitely use this supplier again.
Used this with my yogurt maker. Half a sachet with one pint of milk.
Kefir Starter Culture – Pack of 5 Freeze Dried Sachets for Milk Kefir (5 sachets)
- One sachet is enough to make 1 litre of thick creamy milk kefir and recultured many times
- Can be set at room temperature. No need of specific appliances, yogurt makers etc.
- Contains blend of live active bacteria like ”Lactococcus lactis sp lactis”, ”Lactococcus lactis sp lactis biovar diacetylactis”, ”Lactococcus lactis sp cremoris”, ”Leuconostoc mesenteroides sp cremoris”, ”Lactobacillus kefyr”, ”Candida kefyr”, ”Saccharomyces unisporus”
- Pure bacterial blend of cultures made in laboratory environment away from additives, maltodextrin, gluten and GMO. Optimises digestion, bowel movements and intestinal flora
- Mild in taste, suitable for healthy, probiotics rich and delicious smoothies
I bought this after hearing it was good for crohns sufferers. I bought this after hearing it was good for crohns sufferers. Obviously i have to give it time to work but it is so easy to make and i was extremely impressed that the company send email instructions. Fingers crossed it is the miracle people say it is but for the price it’s definitely worth a try.
Great product and great customer service. Great product but best part was the very informative email that arrived the day before. It was informative and a step by step account of to use the product. I chose this product because other buyers had said how good the email was. Have made my first batch with great success.
Excellent product, works really well with no problems.
Kefir Starter Culture – Pack of 5 Freeze Dried Sachets for Milk Kefir (5 sachets) : I put mine in the airing cupboard while it was setting. I used 900 ml of organic whole milk. Let it cool to around 30 degrees ( i used a thermometer ) and then pour through a strainer into a jug which allows you to mix the the kefir powder. I then filled 8 pots with lids and placed in the airing cupboard for twenty four hours. After they had set i placed them in the fridge.